Monday, January 5, 2015

Gift Box Ideas

I promised to post links for the gift box ideas from the 2015 Sale-A-Bration blog hop.

The first box has a spike bow on top. When I first saw this, I though it was beautiful. I was worried that it was too hard to make. It does take some time, but it is so worth it.

The video is in Spanish so I turned down the volume. The demonstration is excellent and easy to following without verbal instruction.

I used a 3" circle punch to make the circles. The demonstration shows using a glue stick. I used Tombow glue.

Spike Bow Video


The next box is a star box using the envelope punch board. Really easy to make and makes a fun little box for a special treat.

Star Box Tutorial




One more. I curled the paper for the top of this box. Just wanted to share a tip.

I curled the Crushed Curry paper without a problem. When I tried to do the same with the Coastal Cabana paper, it ripped and wouldn't curl. I called a friend and she suggested cutting the strips the other direction on the sheet of paper. It worked! Paper has a weave that allows curl on one length but not the other. Who knew.

So, cut one strip and try it. If it doesn't curl, turn the paper a quarter of a turn and cut again.

Yay! Curly ribbon from Designer Series Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment