Monday, September 23, 2013

Polka Dot Pieces

Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Recycle Challenge #6.  I chose the sketch this week.  I picked Sketch Challenge #127:



Here is the card I made from the sketch:

You can see all of the projects from this sketch on Pinterest - SA Recycle Challenge #6.
 
The fun part of playing along with sketch challenges is that you choose your paper, stamp set, embellishments, etc.
 
I had to get creative with the bird.  I wanted to use the stamp that is in the Polka Dot Pieces set, but it faces to the left.  I wanted my bird to face to the right.  I tried the "kissing" technique, but I couldn't get the image to look nice.
 
My solution was to use the Bird Builder punch and Designer Series Paper.  Choose the paper you want for the bird, punch on the wrong side of the paper and you end up with the bird facing to the right.  I sponged the bird's wing with Cajun Craze to get a darker color.
 
My next dilemma was the ribbon.  I ended up using 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain in Daffodil Delight.  It was too bright so I sponged it with Soft Suede.
 
The card took longer than I planned, but I like the end result.
 
Stamp Set:  Polka Dot Pieces
Ink: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, So Saffron, Soft Suede (sponging), Early Espresso (Greeting)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Sweater Weather
Punches:  Bird Builder Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle, 7/8" Scallop Circle, 2 1/2" Circle
 





No comments:

Post a Comment